Excerpts.

From the November 2005 Details:
Every night I interview politicians-proper, polite, plastic smiles, paper promises. They thank each other and say what good jobs they've done. It's hard to listen to when you're covered in shit and you know they're full of shit. "I know people are frustrated", they keep saying, over and over again. If they really knew they wouldn't use that word. "Frustrated", is standing in a slow moving checkout line. People aren't frustrated. They are dead. They are dying. More and more each day.

Many cops feel betrayed by nearly everyone. Their mayor, their cheif, the governor, the president. Fucked from above, below, and behind. Later we saunter down a dark, empty Bourban Street, adrfit and alone. A Louisiana state trooper stops us and demands our IDs.
"Fuck you!" one of the polic officers yells. "You're in MY city, telling me I'm violating curfew? Fuck that." We walk on, the trooper drives off. I feel like I'm on the edge of the world.
So, yeah. Get it. Cause. Swears, and outrage.

posted by Janis @ 01:21,

1 Comments:

At 4:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...intense! I'm really looking forward to reading the entire column.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home